Monday, December 24, 2018

Comforting Lamb Pie Amongst Minute Puff Pastry 幸福羊肉派



It has been raining these few days. I woke upwards this morn craving for comfort nutrient for this recent moisture weather. I retrieve there's a bundle of shabu shabu mutton lying inwards my freezer. I bought it to dehydrate for my dog. I unremarkably feed her homemade treats. My domestic dog consumes mutton to a greater extent than than I do. I belike swallow twice a year. Without hesitating, I decided to accept a component of her share. 

If I tin give notice stimulate got my way, I unremarkably stimulate got no qualms inwards taking shortcuts for nutrient training as well as then long every bit I exercise non stimulate got to compromise inwards quality. Since I never had confidence inwards treatment DIY puff pastries myself, baking a Comforting Lamb Pie amongst Instant Puff Pastry 幸福羊肉派 seemed similar a skilful plan. It would for sure salve me fourth dimension as well as unloose energy inwards comparing to kneading my ain dough.

This Comforting Lamb Pie amongst Instant Puff Pastry 幸福羊肉派 is yesteryear no way a Shepherd's Pie every bit it lacks many crucial elements such as tomato paste, potatoes, cheese etc. I also chose non to seal the overstep amongst pastry crust every bit I wanted to scissure an egg on overstep nearing the destination of ready time. My version is all the same laden amongst energising goodness such every bit shredded lamb slices, lots of chopped carrots, garlic, onions as well as ginger. Simple to make, but heavy for the stomach.



Ingredients (enough for two pax) :

  • 1 pc puff pastry (thawed but kept chilled)(I used shop bought Borg's build frozen puff pastry from supermarket, size : 23 cm x 23 cm)
  • 100 gm shabu shabu mutton slices (chopped to shreds or minor pieces)
  • 1 carrot (peeled as well as chopped to minor dices)
  • 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
  • 1 minor onion (finely chopped)
  • 4 slices ginger (finely chopped)
  • parsley or coriander (optional)(for garnishing)
  • egg (optional)(for topping)

Seasonings (do your ain gustation test, add together to a greater extent than or cut every bit per your preference) :

  • 1/4 tsp tabular array salt (to marinate mutton) 
  • 1 tsp sugar (to marinate mutton)
  • 1/4 tsp grounded pepper (to marinate mutton)
  • 1 tbsp shaoxing vino or mirin (to marinate mutton)
  • few drops sesame stone oil (to marinate mutton)
  • 1 to two tbsp BBQ sauce (for cooking)(you may substitute with oyster sauce or other sauces that you lot prefer, add together to a greater extent than saccharide to residual if you lot role a salty sauce)
  • 1/2 tsp murphy or corn starch (to mix amongst 1 tbsp water)
  • 1/2 loving cup H2O (for cooking)


(tsp = teaspoon; tbsp = tablespoon)    


Method : 
  1. Mix marinating seasonings amongst mutton as well as chill it for fifteen to thirty minutes. 
  2. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius or 392 degrees fahrenheit.
  3. On a stove, role low-mid heat, add together aromatic ingredients (ginger, garlic, onions into pot/pan). 
  4. When the ingredients plough aromatic, crease inwards chopped carrots.
  5. Stir minor fry till carrots offset to soften. Do non role high rut every bit it would burn downwards the aromatic ingredients. 
  6. Fold inwards mutton as well as give it a quick stir fry.
  7. Add 1/2 loving cup H2O .
  8. Add murphy or corn starch (mixed amongst 1 tbsp water) 
  9. Add BBQ sauce (or whatever other sauce you lot prefer)
  10. Give it a quick stir. Allow the ingredients to simmer for a curt while.
  11. Turn off rut when mutton is close 60% cooked.
  12. Use a brush to stone oil the within of a ceramic baking tray or baking tin (I used a pound cake tin)(You may role a dissimilar size tray, only cutting the pastry to gibe accordingly).
  13. Lay instant puff pastry onto the ceramic baking tray or baking tin.
  14. Scoop stir fried muttons as well as ingredients onto puff pastry.
  15. The pastry would stimulate got excess beyond the ceramic baking tray or baking tin. Use your fingers to crease the rim till it has a thick edge.
  16. Press the tines of a fork into the border of the crust, with enough pull per unit of measurement area to larn out a noticeable imprint. You stimulate got to move quick inwards doing this. Do non allow the butter inwards the puff pastry melt as well as soften. Otherwise, the pastry may non puff nicely.
  17. Brush cooking stone oil onto the edges of the pastry crust.
  18. Bake inwards middle rack of oven for twenty minutes (at 200 degrees celsius/392 degrees fahrenheit).
  19. Remove tray from oven subsequently twenty minutes. Dig a minor pit on the surface as well as scissure a room temperature egg onto it.
  20. Bake inwards oven for about other +/- 8 minutes (subject to how difficult you lot similar your egg yolk to be)(I similar mine amongst runny yolk).
  21. Remove tray from oven when time's up. 
  22. The pie would move actually hot as well as the Puff Crust would move golden chocolate-brown (like croissants). 
  23. Cool downwards slightly, garnish as well as serve.

(scroll to bottom of page, click on "Print" or "PDF" icon for printer friendly recipe)














I did non pay much attending to knead a overnice border for the pie. Despite that, I was pleasantly surprised that the edges puffed real nicely. In fact, the entire pastry crust emitted a overnice  margarine odor as well as golden chocolate-brown colour. It complemented the fillings aptly as well as nicely. My married adult man gave me thumbs upwards but commented that it would move fifty-fifty to a greater extent than comforting if I were to role lamb cubes instead of shabu shabu mutton slices, added potatoes as well as cheese. I stimulate got to concur amongst him but personally, I notice that also heavy for my stomach. I thoroughly enjoyed my  Comforting Lamb Pie amongst Instant Puff Pastry 幸福羊肉派. I mightiness non stimulate got done my pie the traditional way, but who cares as well as then long every bit it is palatable for my gustation bud! 

It's raining heavily out at that topographic point again. How I count my blessings for having prepared this comfort dish.




Sumber http://saymykitchens.blogspot.com

Related Posts

Comforting Lamb Pie Amongst Minute Puff Pastry 幸福羊肉派
4/5
Oleh